Auxiliaries panel of the Nuclear Subcritical Installation "Neutrons Source" for NSC KIPT, Kharkov
Okken is the foundation for bold design decisions
The switchboard was designed in strict accordance with the customer’s technical assignment, which included increased reliability requirements. The use of Okken as a system made it possible to solve several problems at once:
The switchboard was designed in strict accordance with the customer’s technical assignment, which included increased reliability requirements.
The use of Okken as a system made it possible to solve several problems at once:
- Okken low-voltage switchgear has a modular design, which makes it easy to change or upgrade in case of technological process development.
- The switchboard was designed with free slots to add new functions or extra motor feeders, even at the last minute
- The Okken LV switchboards incorporate the best safety and protection systems, preventing on-load operation to guarantee safe operation and maintenance
Switchboard protection degree IP31
- Live parts are protected by screens guaranteeing an IP20 degree of protection.
- The structure of the cabinet provides the seismic resistance required by the project, which is confirmed by laboratory certificates
Combination of withdrawable and Polyfast plug-in units
- Plug-in blocks were used to connect the distribution feeders Polyfast system allows connecting and disconnecting conductors of power and auxiliary circuits outside the complete device
- For fans feeders, pumps, and other equipment we used withdrawable cells that expand the possibilities for operational maintenance of assemblies.
ATS and additional protective functions of Masterpact NW circuit breakers are based on the BMRZ microprocessor relay protection units.
Two bus ties and two incomer Canalis KTA busbars
The switchboard was supplied as a complete set with Canalis KTA 4000A incomer busbars and KTA 1600A bus couplers.
- Complete system coordination from Schneider Electric ensures maximum safety for life and property, uninterrupted power supply, expandability, and ease of installation.
- Canalis busbars provide safety in the event of a fire
Canalis busbars reduces the risk of electromagnetic field exposure
- The compact design of the Canalis KT takes up very little space
- IP55 splash and dust protection
- The required tightening torque for bolted connections is provided by shear head bolts